Friday 31 August 2012

Wwoofing for two months in Spain and what happened to me

About five months ago now, on the 2nd of April I set off alone to go WWoofing for two months in Spain.
For those unfamiliar with 'WWOOF' it means willing workers on organic farms, and is now a global-wide organisation that sprang in the seventies from working weekends (on organic farms). I had got in contact with smallholdings around Spain on the Wwoof host listing for Spain that I was interested in, told them the dates I intended to visit, and while there was still time did a short course in learning Spanish.
I have been abroad several times, but never alone. This was also the first time I would go Wwoof.

A dog who befriended me at the first farm, called Lily
In this blog I will retell my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment